Thanks to a grant from the Priddy Charitable Trust, NTLP has been able to award 15 stipends of $1500 each to enable library staff and volunteers to attend the 2012 TLA Conference in Houston. The stipend can be used for conference registration, travel expenses, and temporary staff if necessary to cover the recipient's absence at the library.
The stipends were offered to staff and volunteers directly involved in the operations of the library, at non-urban libraries serving a population of 25,000 or less. This is the third year of the program. In past years awards were limited to staff from libraries in the NTRLS area, but this year NTLP was able to offer the awards to the BCLS and NETLS areas as well.
Recipients of the stipends will be paired with mentors to help them get the most from their time at the conference, and will be required to complete a report on the conference experience afterwards.
This year's recipients represent the following libraries:
- Allen Memorial Public Library in Hawkins
- Aubrey Area Library in Aubrey
- Bowie Public Library in Bowie (2 recipients)
- Carnegie Library in Ballinger
- Chico Public Library in Chico
- Crowley Public Library in Crowley
- Decatur Public Library in Decatur
- Gordon Community Library in Gordon
- Kimble County Library in Junction
- Nocona Public Library in Nocona
- Bicentennial City-County Library in Paducah
- Richland Hills Public Library in Richland Hills
- Roanoke Public Library in Roanoke
- Weatherford Public Library in Weatherford