The services and programs NTLP provides are guided by input from our member libraries. Send your suggestions to NTLP staff, or volunteer to serve on NTLP's joint Partner Advisory / Development Committee.
NTLP Member-Only Services
These services are included as core benefits of NTLP membership.
- Vendor Discounts with businesses participating in NTLP's Commercial Partner Program
- Access to ResumeMaker for your library's patrons
- NTLP-Directors email discussion list
- NTLP-Partners email discussion list
- Online Directory of Library Program Presenters (coming soon!)
- Reviews by Library Staff of Library Program Presenters (coming soon!)
NTLP Member-Only Equipment for Checkout
NTLP member libraries may borrow our equipment. The collection of ebook readers and tablet computers is especially popular for staff training and library petting zoos.
- eBook readers and tablet computers collection
- Special Needs equipment and software collection
- Videogame equipment, games, and accessories collection
- Mobile computer labs
- LCD Projectors, screens, public address systems, Filp video cameras
Training, Events, and Speakers
NTLP is known for our face-to-face training and popular conference events. Watch the upcoming training opportunities page for announcements about new events. See the training archive page for a list of past events. Contact NTLP if you want to schedule one of us to speak at your event, or to discuss customized staff development training for your library.
- Face-to-face training
- Full-day conferences
- Performer showcase events
- Technology (especially ereader and tablet computers) petting zoos
- Staff development days
- Speakers for your events
- Online live training events (coming soon!)
- Online self-paced training (coming soon!)
NTLP Consulting Services cover any topic your library may need assistance with. In many cases we can answer a question quickly via telephone or email. For more in-depth projects we will perform research and prepare a formal report, or help you locate an independent consultant with the expertise you need. NTLP staff have experience in a wide range of subjects; see the Examples of Advanced Consulting for an overview. If we don't have background in the area you're interested in, we probably know someone that does.
- NTLP can serve as a faciltator in cases where a neutral third party is needed to coordinate input from multiple stakeholders.
- NTLP can serve as a coordinator and support provider for collaborative programs involving multiple independent entities.
- If your library does not have an associated 501(c)(3) group, NTLP can serve as a fiscal sponsor for grants your library is seeking.
- Brief consulting is usually provided at no charge. More extensive projects will be priced on a case-by-case basis after the scope of the project is determined.
Other Specialized Services
- Plinkit Website Assistance and Training
- Background checks by a licensed private investigator
- Notary Public
Mailing List Subscriptions
These NTLP email mailing lists are open to everyone at no charge.
- NTLP-Announcements email announcements list
- Job-Announcements-Via-NTLP email announcements list
- NTLP-CE email announcements list
- EReader-Labs email discussion list
- Presentations-sig email discussion list
- Supporters-sig email discussion list
- Technology-sig email discussion list
- Youthservices-sig email discussion list
- Universally Accessible Libraries email discussion list
- Archive of articles at the NTLP website
- Blogs - announcements and commentary about developments in the realms of library and technology
- Collected links to resources from NTLP and elsewhere on topics related to libraries and nonprofits